Building A Raza Press And Media To Defend The Rights And Interests Of Our People
The primary objective of the Raza Press and Media Association (RPMA) is to advance the struggle for Raza Self-Determination by promoting and unifying the progressive Raza press, media, and popular expression. Essential to this process is confronting stereotypes espoused by the U.S. mainstream media and press.
The RPMA holds the position that Raza are colonized, indigenous people and that the so-called “Southwest U.S.” is in fact Aztlán, part of the Mexicano nation, stolen in the U.S. expansionist/imperialist war of 1846-1848.
The RPMA is committed to combat all manifestations of oppression and exploitation. Central to putting into effect our objectives the RPMA membership will actively get involved in the day-to-day struggles being waged by our movement and by our people. As part of this movement activism, the RPMA is committed to organize study sessions, forums, give presentations and disseminate information/publications to our communities to help raise the political consciousness of nuestro pueblo.
(Ratified January 24, 2008)
• Create A Movement of Progressive and Revolutionary Media Workers
• To Establish A Raza News Wire Service.
• Hold On-Going Workshops And Conferences To Advance Raza Press, Media, And Popular Expression.
• Establish An Editorial Board To Oversee Joint Publications.
• Pool Existing Resources To Assist Publications And To Establish New Ones.
• Establishment of a Collection Of Periodicals, Past, And Current.
Principles Of Unity:
• Must Be Raza Publications/Media Workers Who Are Independent Of Government Agencies.
• Members Must Support Raza Self-Determination.
• Must Adhere To Democratically Reached Decisions.
• Must Support General Objectives Of The Association.
• Must Support The Struggles Of Other Indigenous People, Latino Americanos (Raza), and All Oppressed People Within And Outside The U.S.
• Admission To All RPMA Events (conferences, summits, etc.)
• Membership Card and RPMA Press Card .
• RPMA Reference (for employment, grant purposes etc.).
• Technical Assistance In Media Production.
• Voice In The Direction of the RPMA.
• Knowing That You Are Fighting for Justice, Peace, and Liberation
• Mesa Directiva/Editorial Board Will Consist Of a) Coordinator, b) Events, c) Membership, d) Publications, and e) Member at Large.
• Mesa Will Serve As Coordinating Body To Insure Communication AndCompletion Of Tasks.
• Mesa Will Also Serve As Editorial Board For All RPMA Publications.
• Standing Committees Will Be Established As Needed.
• Mesa Directiva Will Organize A Yearly Summit Or Conference.